Thursday, June 5, 2008

Devastated!

"Welcome to the working life!" A sms reply on my mobile yesterday night on my way home while I was stucked in a horrendeus jam on the LDP highway. And to those of you who were those who went and pump in fuel due to the hike in its price yesterday after the announcement made by our beloved prime minister. I forwarded a random sms to selected friends just to check if they were in the same boat as me or not. Fortunately, none of them were :) It took me a solid 4 1/2 hours to reach home from the Kelana Jaya LRT station. On normal days, without the jams, the same journey will max take only 30 minutes!

RM 2.70 per litre of fuel! It was such a talkabout, every corner of the country. Albeit some might say I am well paid as a fresh graduate, but I guess it will never make up to what I will be paying later on (even adding the subsidy provided for the cars). If an ignorant and lackadaisickal fellow like me could feel the pinch, what more those of them who are more less affordable? So much so of "changing lifestyle"!!!

Back to the topic, I was TERRIBLY devastated last night but definitely helpless about the whole scenario. The long journey home made me thought of a lot of things especially on what is happening. I wished I could make a difference to make people happier. I do hope that the situation in the country gets better (in everyway) before everybody is dissatisfied with the whole system!

1 comment:

yapthomas said...

4 and 1/2 hours!
that's crazy!!
normally takes me 1 hours with jam...
hahha