Saturday, May 31, 2008

Another Reason To Smile :)

I am honestly VERY excited about going to work on Monday! :D I recalled a conversation with Thomas earlier, both of us wanted to venture into the Banking line and were both 'making our own dreams' via smses earlier ;) *Okay! That was random.

So, I was pretty focused during my job hunting earlier. I applied for AmBank, Public Bank as well as CIMB. I know, being a fresh graduate, it is not going to be easy to enter the banking lines unless I applied through their Trainee Programmes. All the banks had their respective Programmes for fresh grads, just different in names. AmBank called me for an interview. A week later, it was another interview with Public Bank.

The interview experience with AmBank was very good, I must say. Being it my first interview, I was questioned with numerous questions which I honestly did not know how to reply! Apparently, those were common questions asked during interviews, I was told by my mum and dad. Yes, they didn't give me any hint before my interview! They expected their daugther to be more intelligent than this. *Sighs* Oh ya! Post interview, I had to sit for an English test then later on a personality test. *ish ish*

The following week was another interview. This time it was Public Bank. During the interview at Public Bank, I was told that their Graduate Programme varied from the other banks. Instead of rotating the candidates within the different departments during their training period, Public Bank is the only place which stations the candidate in the department in which they are joining. They do not rotate their candidates conversely, they'll train these graduates the skills which are required to be applied during to their work later on.

When the interviewee asked me which department I was interested in, I firmly told her my decision on the investment side. I have got less interest on the commercial side where loans and mortgages are involved because I know I would not be able to handle a customer like myself *LoLs* Just joking! It is just a personal interest, but I do know people on the support side earns big money ;p

Couple of days later, AmBank called to inform me that I've passed their tests and they're in the midst of drafting my offer letter. A day later, Public Bank called me as well. I was told that I would be placed at Treasury (WHhoOAa~! I could not be happier at that point that I wanted to kiss the particular HR Personnel who called!) I mean, I certainly did not want commercial banking but I thought any department besides that was fine. Treasury is like hitting the jackpot for me! :) She later told me that I will be starting off at RM *,800 with an immediate car loan and credit card-that's the least I need before I go bankrupt!

I turned down AmBank's offer. Their offer was as good but I was only worried about landing on a department which I have less interest in after completing their Graduate Programme. In Public Bank, I know at least, I will be well assured of the department I will be serving. Thus, I will be reporting to work this coming 2 June, Monday. If you're around KLCC, buzz me and we can meet up for lunch k? *sMiLes widely*

By the way Thomas, if you're interested, you can apply online just like me via Public Bank's official website ;) We may end up being workmates too! :)



Lastly but not least, good weekend! *singing Duffy's Mercy*
^_*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got yourself a job so fast. Congrats!

yapthomas said...

WAT! Immediate Car Loan and credit card! OMG! I am stuck.. and I mean stucked and I'm still finding ways to RUN!!...

But congrats..
tho.. i would love to meet you up for lunch.. but Monday is go make IC and License day.. -__-

Since you are gonna be in the treasury.. I will sms you my account number :P hahaha

Mrcoolku said...

thats good you get the job you like. congratz. :)

chelsea said...

[daniel]
thank you! very nice of you :)

[thomas]
yalar, sounds nice only but then got cons one lar. it seems if i cannot service my loans in time, it will straight go up to my superior. that's the last thing you would want.

btw, mana lu punye account number? US Dollar can? *LoLs* i wished i could! if i really could do that, it would be my own account first! ;p

chelsea said...

[coolku]
thanks! how's ur intern going? ;)