Saturday, March 15, 2008

Their Results...

Earlier this week, saw my sisters and I went through one of our crucial moments in life (okay! maybe I exageratted on that! ;p). Min and Fei both had their STPM and SPM results announced where as I had the FYP's presentation.

It is the first year that all my three siblings were involved in the government's exam in the very same year. My brother had his UPSR earlier. They all scored very well, to my surprise. My results were nothing compared to theirs! I received a text message from Min telling me that I was officially the stupidest one in the family *wtf?* My UPSR brother had straight As- which was, I thought no big deal at all. My post SPM sister had 9A1s and 1A2 where as the other STPM sister scored 2As and 2B+ for her STPM. In fact, all of them who conversed with their friends regarding their results all only mentioned about about how many As they scored. It is a total reversed from the classic time of ours' where we were only concern if we were able to pass (if not, at least a credit). I was impressed with them, I must say. Their As are as if the cut off point; whether A or not an A. Even a B is not good enough!

It kept me wondering... are the younger generation really getting smarter (as shown on their exam results) or is the education system really getting from bad to worse...

7 comments:

keeyit said...

nowadays students are smart le

keeyit.com

3POINT8 said...

I think students are taught to score in gov exam. They are taught on how to exploit the scoring system.
It doesn't mean that they are smarter than the older generation.

Ron Jerem Lee said...

time will tell. but im always puzzled. how much salary difference between 10 A and 2 A students?

maybe RM50....haha

so why bother...

Mrcoolku said...

i think the person who set out the question is getting more and more stupid. every year almost coming out same questions.zzz

chelsea said...

[keeyit]
students are smart indeed.. i read from the papers the SPM top scorer was some guy who got 16A1s *faints*

[3point8]
exactly! they spend tonnes of parent's money going for tuitions and all.. to go for those so called 'intensive' crash course with "tips" provided.. plus their kiasu attitude, i salute!

[ron jerem lee]
good point there! i told something similar to my sister too when i was called the 'official stupidest one in the family'.. i told her nobody even cares if i failed my SPM before this.. because i've gotten to where i am now (not that i am very well of, tho) but we know 5 years down the road.. who cares?! :)

[coolku]
it could be the reason why students score easily, huh? because they've ran out of questions to ask *LoLs*

narrowband said...

I echo 3.8. It's the way the students are taught - they only focus on how to tackle the questions! The education system is seriously in need of an update.

chelsea said...

[narrowband]
So, does the saying "studying smart" apply for this? You had a number of As, too (if I am not wrong!) *LoLs*